Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day #2


Well friends, its the second day in a row that inclement weather has shut down North Texas and surrounding areas. Many school districts far and wide have closed their doors so teachers, staff, and students can stay home and be safe. I consider this time to stay home and CREATE!

So, my plan for the day is to do some spinning, dying, knitting and general fiber nerding. To your left is some chunky Valentine's Day yarn I hand-dyed using my trusty crock pot! I really like the way it turned out. With the special technique I have found, I can make OOAK (one-of-a-kind) yarn colorways without using plastic wrap or microwaves. Plastic wrap is like nails down the environmental chalkboard. I avoid using it at all costs. Eventually I want to move on up to a solar cooker. But I don't know how much one of those costs or what is involved. So, I'll have to research.
Stay warm, give yourself a treat, make a fire, and mark your calendar for the Cowtown Indie Bazaar on March 19th at the Will Rogers Memorial Center here in Fort Worth, TX. Until next time! Find me on Ravelry: knittybangetsy

No comments:

Post a Comment