Saturday, February 12, 2011

Simple Saturday


When work and play clash
I have little energy
Yet, knitting remains.
Rolling out of sleep
Stepping into the morning
Coffee in the fridge.
Looking back on snow
Rejoice for the rest given
Look forward with love.
Behold the wonders
The wonders of creation
Seeps through me and out.
Why do you stare, dog?
Do you want something from me?
Oh, you need to eat.
Draft, spin, give, treadle
Twist, pull, slow down and speed up
Create something great.
Poetry this way
Fingers counting syllables
Try to make funny.
Saturday simply
Is a long day for some folks
Choose your day today.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Ashley! I think I've lived that morning! Maybe it's today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is your day. Run or walk briskley with it. : ) I bet its beautiful on Jacob's Reward Farm today. I'll see you next weekend.

    ReplyDelete