Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh Boy-O, Its FARM DAY!!!

http://www.jacobsreward.com
The day before I turn the big 3-0 I'll be spending some time with my yarn-y friends at the Little Red Barn on Jacob's Reward Farm in Parker, Tx. This will mark my second monthly visit. It was just a month ago that I really got the knack of spinning. I told Cindy, "There's something magical about this place because I am spinning so well here!"

It was definitely the support of newfound fiber friends, the sweet alpaca watching over me with their big baby eyes, and of course, the Little Red Barn itself.

Now I'm heading back to Parker, just outside of Plano, for some more spinning and knitting action. I've got a pound or so of fine merino roving that I need re-carded into something smoother that will be easier to work with. So, perhaps this weekend I can expand my knowledge of the world of working with fiber. Maybe my next obsession will be carding fiber into roving and batts myself. Oh Boy-O, this is going to be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, remind me to tell you about my friend who needs to rehome her gorgous angora bunnies - free cage, too... seriously.. See you at the FARM!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete